Global Nutrition Symposium
Mar 30 8:00 AM - Mar 30 5:00 PM
Join the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems at UF/IFAS for a day long symposium to learn about the important role of animal-source foods in improving nutrition in developing countries. Distinguished researchers and leaders from donor agencies, international and US-based research and development organizations, and government agencies will be covering topics such as:
• Malnutrition: Challenges and Pathways to Solutions
• Benefits & Risks of Animal-Source Food (ASF) Consumption: The Evidence Base
• Strategies to Increase ASF Consumption & Safety
• Aligning Donor Efforts for Greater Impact
Speaker institutions include:
• USAID • Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation • Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Nutrition • Heifer International • International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) • Michigan State University • Ministry of Environment, Cambodia • Elanco • United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) • University of Reading, UK • Washington University in St. Louis • World Bank • World Food Program
For more information, registration, and to view the event live please visit our website http://livestocklab.ifas.ufl.edu. Sign up early, limited lunches are available.
Come join us and learn about how we can defeat malnutrition!
Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems
Department of Animal Sciences
P.O. Box 110910
Contact: Barbara Howe
Location: Reitz Union AuditoriumDownload iCalendar file